Skip to main content Skip to footer

Passport Applications

The Burleigh County Recorder's Office is now accepting appointments for passport applications. We are an acceptance facility for passport applications. Passport applications are by appointment only - 701-222-6749.

Picture of passport cover

Fees for Passports

  • Fee for passport book is $130.00 for adults and $100.00 for children age 15 and under
  • Fee for passport card is $30.00 for adults and $15.00 for children age 15 and under
      • Passport cards are only good for travel by land or sea to Canada and Mexico
  • There is also an execution fee of $35.00 for each application processed for books and cards payable to the Recorder's office.
  • If there is a need to expedite the process an additional $60 fee will be added to application fee.

Each passport application must have a separate check (or money order) made out to the U.S. Dept. of State for the passport fee. No cash or credit cards are accepted for the passport fee.

The execution fee is payable to the Recorder's Office and must be paid separately from the passport fee. This fee can be paid by check, cash, or credit card (credit card user fee of $3.00 will apply). If there is more than one person in your party applying for a passport at the same time, this fee may be combined and paid with one check.

In order for us to accept a passport application, you must:

      • Fill out application entirely in black ink¬†only.
      • Include a Certified copy of Birth Certificate
      • Include passport photos
        • Photos must meet guidelines that regulate size and background color
        • No eyeglasses, head gear, or shadows are permitted on passport photos
      • Each applicant must be present at time of application (including minors)
      • Present identification with picture and date of birth (driver's license, military ID, previous passport, etc.)
      • If applicant is a minor (15 years of age or younger), both parents must be present to sign the application and present identification.
        • If one parent is unable to be present, they must submit a notarized "Statement of Consent or Special Circumstances" (Form DS-3053) along with a copy of the front and back of their driver's license or state issued ID.
        • If the minor has previously had a passport, you must submit the expired passport along with the certified copy of the birth certificate.
      • If applicant is 16 or 17 years of age, they must have proof of parental consent or one parent must accompany them for application.

For additional information regarding passports, or if traveling within 14 days, contact the National Passport Information Center at 877-487-2778 or visit their website at

Picture from Video

How to Apply for Your Child's Passport

Getting your child's first passport is easy! Click here to watch and learn.

Contact Us

Burleigh County Recorder
221 N 5th St
Bismarck, ND 58501
Phone: (701) 222-6749

Subscribe to Our News Releases

Subscribe to Our Agenda Notifications

This website uses cookies to enhance usability and provide a more personal experience. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Privacy Policy.