Skip to main content Skip to footer

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get a background check on myself/someone else?

  • For background checks contact North Dakota BCI at 701-328-5500.

Does the Sheriff's Department do fingerprinting for employment?

  • As of September 1, 2012, the Burleigh County Sheriff's Department will no longer provide fingerprinting services for those needing prints that are not required to be taken by law enforcement, which include, but are not limited to Concealed Weapons Permits, Teacher Licensure, Student Teacher Background Checks, Nursing Licensure, Nursing Student Background Checks, Social Work Internships, Social Work Licensure, Medical Licensure, Certified Nursing Assistant, Certified Medical Assistant, Housing Assistance Background Checks, Federal Background Checks, Out of State Background Checks, All State Employees to include State Colleges and Universities, HazMat.

The following is a list of private companies that provide fingerprinting services:

Address: 1720 Burnt Boat Road Suite 205 - Bismarck, ND
Phone: 701-390-1000
Fax: 701-224-9824

2. Tanya M. Long
Certified Concealed Carry Instructor
Phone: 701-471-1687

  • What is the inmate message line number?


  • Can inmates have visitors?

Inmate visitation takes place on Tuesdays and Thursdays beginning from 1-4 pm.

Inmates are allowed one 20-minute visit per visitation day.

An inmate is eligible for visitation they after their initial intake. not including the day they were booked in. Inmates must have completed and handed in their visitation form prior to the day of visitation.

All visitors are required to show a photo ID and must be dressed appropriately to include a shirt with sleeves.

  • Can I leave money for an inmate?

Money can be put on an inmate's account by:

  1. Using cash or credit/debit card in the Kiosk located in the main lobby of the detention center.
  2. Online at
  3. Mailing a money order or cashier's check payable to the inmateand sent to the Burleigh-Morton County Detention Center, PO Box 2499, Bismarck, ND 58502-2499.
  • What is the Court's phone number?

District Court: 701-222-6690
Municipal Court: 701-355-1350

Contact Us

Burleigh County
221 N 5th St
Bismarck ND 58501
T: 1 701-222-6718

Contact Us

Burleigh County Sheriff's Dept
514 E Thayer Ave
Bismarck, ND 58501
Phone: (701) 222-6651

Subscribe to Our News Releases

Subscribe to Our Agenda Notifications

This website uses cookies to enhance usability and provide a more personal experience. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Privacy Policy.